Jul, 09

My Puppy Tucker vs. Cat Nip

Tucker Bean

Tucker Bean

So, I have a super funny story to share with all of you!  My 4 1/2 month old puppy, Tucker Bean (above), just managed to open and empty a 9 Fl. Oz. bottle of Cat Nip!!!  Unsure of how much he ingested, I immediately grabbed the bottle to read the warning label… to my surprise there was none.  So I called the number on the back of the bottle and a kind woman answered.  I told her that I didn’t know how much he might have ingested, but I made him drink a lot of water to hopefully flush it out.  She gently responded by saying not to worry; Cat Nip is actually in the Mint family and it is not toxic or harmful.  The only thing is that he will be hyper for awhile.  When I said thank you and got off of the phone, I thought to myself, “Oh dear, he is already bouncing off the walls and now Cat Nip is added to the mix?!”  Needless to say this makes for an interesting afternoon…

I wanted to share this with you all because even if you think something is non-toxic for your pet or child, call and ask anyway.  It’s ALWAYS better to be safe than sorry!

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply